The Past

  • 0

I had humongous expectations on Asghar Farhadi's "The Past" as his previous Oscar winning film "A Separation" was a sweet blow to me. I don't remember the works of any other director who has given me the experience of thrill while watching films of 'drama' genre. Like "About Elly" and "A Separation", "The Past" is also a thriller which revolves around issues of marriage, divorce and suicide.

Asghar Farhadi's alacrity in expressing the emotional pain of all the characters including the children is confabulate and at the same time it is blunt to the point. The first scene where the couple talk to each other with signals at the airport with a glass in between them and the last scene where life and love is tested, encapsulate the essence of the film. I think Asghar Farhadi is one of the best writers in World Cinema. "The Past" is a must watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment